Indoor Access Points
Wireless LAN and Sophos Firewall
Sophos Firewall provides several options for wireless LAN connectivity. As Wireless Protection is included in the Base License purchased with every appliance, there are no additional subscription costs to consider.
Desktop appliances are optionally available with Wi-Fi built-in. These are ideal as a low-cost, all-in-one solution for smaller offices and retail environments where network coverage is only required in a relatively limited space. See the Desktop section for further details.
Your Sophos Firewall can be used as a wireless controller to manage APX Series access points. These models are designed for a range of deployment scenarios and with 2×2, 3×3 and 4×4 models available at different price points, they can suit even the tightest budget.
- Use your Sophos appliance as an on-premises wireless controller
- No additional subscription required (included in the Base License with every appliance purchase)
- Four indoor models to choose from with 2×2:2, 3×3:3, and 4×4:4 MU-MIMO
- Significant performance improvement over legacy 802.11ac Wave 1 and earlier models
- Optimized for both wall- and ceiling-mount (diverse mounting kits available)
- Ideal to add connectivity to areas with limited cellular coverage
- Five-year warranty as standard, support for APX is included if you have Enhanced Plus support for your appliance
Sophos Central Management
The APX Series can also be managed from Sophos Central. This option offers additional features and the full scalability of a cloud-managed platform. If you’re already using Sophos Central to manage other Sophos products, your Sophos partner or sales contact can provide more information about Sophos Wireless.