Edge Devices For Remote Locations
SD-RED Remote Ethernet Devices
SD-RED offers a uniquely simple solution to extend network connectivity to your remote locations and branch offices, no matter where in the world they are. Replace expensive MPLS connections to reduce your costs and take advantage of other Sophos products, such as Intercept X, for added SD-WAN functionality in combination with Sophos Firewall.
- Plug and play deployment, with no IT staff required on site
- Flexible configuration to allow many different operating modes (backhaul all traffic, split tunnel, transparent)
- All data between the SD-RED and your firewall is securely encrypted
- Modular concept to add connectivity such as Wi-Fi or 3G/4G cellular
- SD-RED 60 offers two Power-over-Ethernet ports to directly power your APX Series access points or other PoE-powered devices
- Manage your SD-RED devices from your Sophos Firewall console (Network Protection subscription required for management)
- Five-year warranty as standard, support for SD-RED is included if you have Enhanced Plus support for your appliance
Both SD-RED models are equipped with a modular bay, allowing you to tailor connectivity to your needs. This provides flexible, reliable WAN connectivity without the incompatibility issues experienced with USB dongles and similar add-on solutions.
Add an 802.11ac Wave 2 (Wi-Fi 5) module to your SD-RED device to provide Wi-Fi connectivity at your remote sites. Two external antennas ensure that the network coverage is optimized.
Power redundancy is a must for network devices. A second power adapter on your SD-RED ensures business continuity.
Our 3G/4G module has been tested using numerous Internet Service Providers in many countries. Two external antennas provide superior network coverage vs. other add-on solutions.
Mount your SD-RED on a wall for easy access to all interfaces or use a rackmount kit to add it to your existing server rack.
- Sophos Firewall and XGS Series Brochure
- What’s New in Sophos Firewall
- Sophos XG Series Hardware Brochure
- Sophos Firewall Solution Brief
- Sophos Firewall Feature List
- Firewall Buyers Guide
- Sophos Firewall and SD-WAN
- Making the Move to SD-WAN
- Firewall for Education Brochure
- Firewall Best Practices Whitepaper
- Five TLS Inspection Capabilities You Need
- Sophos Central Firewall Brochure